With the much anticipated movie adaptation of Fifty Shades of Grey hitting theaters just in time for this Valentine's Day, it seems only fitting to take a closer look at star Dakota Johnson.
With an acting debut at the age of ten years old, Dakota is definitely not the "new girl" in Hollywood, but thanks to her latest (and steamiest) role as Anastasia Steele she is indeed the new "it" girl.
So let's get to know her, shall we?
Here are 10 Things You Probably Didn't Know About Dakota Johnson:
1) Dakota hails from a large family of Hollywood royalty. Her father is actor Don Johnson and her mother is actress Melanie Griffith.
2) Her debut film role was opposite mother Melanie Griffith in 1999's Crazy in Alabama. Half-sister Stella Banderas also appeared in the film which was directed by Dakota's step father Antonio Banderas.
3) Despite acting in the 2010 movie The Social Network (which is about the founding of the social media site Facebook), Dakota Johnson removed her own Facebook page and does not use the social media application or website at all.
4) Dakota was chosen for the role of Anastasia Steele in Fifty Shades of Grey over such competition as Shailene Woodley, Elizabeth Olsen, Imogen Poots, Lucy Hale, Danielle Panabaker, and Felicity Jones.
5) While she landed a role in 2012's big screen film adaptation of 21 Jump Street, her aunt Tracy Griffith was a guest star on the original 1987 hit television show.
6) Dakota may be getting ready to heat up theaters this weekend opposite the smoldering Jamie Dornan as Christan Grey in Fifty Shades of Grey, but she has most certainly had practice working with some of Hollywood's hottest actors. She has worked alongside Johnny Depp, Benedict Cumberbatch, Justin Timberlake, Channing Tatum, Chris Pratt, Penn Badgley, and Ethan Hawke (to name a few).
7) She learned her lines for the film Fifty Shades of Grey in just five days.
8) Dakota's zodiac sign is Libra.
9) She is very close friends with actress Riley Keough (granddaughter of Elvis Presley).
10) In May of 2010, Dakota was named one of Nylon Magazine's 55 Faces of the Future.
Will you be watching Miss Dakota Johnson setting screens across the world ablaze with Jamie Dornan in Fifty Shades of Grey this weekend? I know I will be!
Fancy a friendly little Fashion Face-Off between The Hunger Games star Jennifer Lawrence and American Idol judge Jennifer Lopez?
Jennifer Lawrence, 24, was recently spotted out and about in a gorgeous multi-length Dior skirt, which she paired with shades, strap sandals, and short locks - resulting in a quite chic daytime look for the actress and newly crowned singer.
Meanwhile Jennifer Lopez, 45, flaunted the same Dior skirt at a screening of her latest film The Boy Next Door. Lopez opted for a more sultry look by adding hot pink heels, a matching pout, and showing some serious leg.
As always, both Jennifers look absolutely amazing, but only one truly rocked the look. Was it Jennfier Lawrence or Jennifer Lopez?
We know that Snow White and the Huntsman is not the classicm Grimm tale, but a girl power update of that old redundant story. With an all-star cast like Charlize Theron, Chris Hemsworth, and Kristen Stewart, how could we not be totally intrigued?
Yet, we must continue to wait until June 1st when the film finally hits theaters here in the U.S.
Until then - Let's take a peek at
10 Things You Probably Didn't Know About 'Snow White and the Huntsman':
1. After Viggo Mortensen and Hugh Jackman both turned down the role of Eric, the Huntsman, the role went to Thor's Chris Hemsworth.
2. Florence and the Machine's song 'Breath of Life' was written exclusively for the film and inspired by Queen Ravenna, Charlize Theron's character.
3. In order to take the role of Snow White, Kristen Stewart had to overcome her fear of horses - which stems from falling off of a horse and fracturing her arm as a kid.
4. Charlize Theron beat out Angelina Jolie and Winona Ryder for the role of Queen Ravenna.
5. Lily Collins auditioned for the role of Snow White, but did not make the cut and ended up with the lead role as Snow White in the film Mirror, Mirror.
6. Emily Browning, Dakota Fanning, and Selena Gomez were all considered for the lead role, but lost out to Kristen Stewart.
7. After tearing a ligament in her thumb, Kristen Stewart brought film production to a halt due to the injury sustained while filming an attack scene with the Dwarves.
8. The beach scenes for the film were shot at the Marloes Sands Beach in Pembrokshire, U.K. While filming, the beach was still open to the public.
9. While shooting a scene with Chris Hemsworth, co-star Kristen Stewart accidentally punched him in the face leaving Thor with a black eye.
10. Charlize Theron dropped out of Clint Eastwood's J. Edgar opposite Leonardo DiCaprio in order to dedicate her full time and attention to Snow White and the Huntsman.
Injuries, punches, turning down Eastwood?
I would say that everyone in Snow White and the Huntsman have put 110% into their roles and the film itself. It's bound to be whirlwind twist of timeless fantasy and action. This isn't a simple remale or re-telling of an old fairy tale.
This is a completely reinvisioned tale of epic glory involving real world emotions and likeness! Wait... I'm completely fan-girling already and I haven't even seen the movie yet...
Snow White and the Huntsman hits theaters across the U.S. on June 1st, 2012.
I'll be there. Will you?
Smith exclaimed "Hey man, what the hell is your problem?" before pushing the reporter off and slapping him in the face.
You can check out the footage for yourself below, courtesy of TMZ:
I would say that the reporter definitely invaded some personal space there. What do you say?
Do you think Will gave the reporter what he deserved? Or do you feel that Smith should have handled things differently?
Facebook Founder/CEO Mark Zuckerberg is having quite a week!
Just one day after Facebook went on public trade, the Social Network guru wed girlfriend of 9 years, Priscilla Chan. The couple met at Harvard and held a small ceremony at Zuckerberg's home in Palo Alto, California - reports TMZ.
This past monday, Chan graduated with a medical degree from UC San Francisco.
What a wonderful week for the pair to always remember. Congratulations Mark and Priscilla!
Model-turned-Actress Charlize Theron is probably quite used to being in the spotlight by now - and not only for her looks. She was praised for her gritty portrayal of Aileen Wuornos in 2003's Monster by winning an Oscar and a Golden Globe, and gained further critical acclaim for her role in 2005's North Country. She is on pretty much every 'Sexiest Woman of the Year' list, has us geared up to see her as Queen Ravenna in Snow White and the Huntsman, and has most recently taken on the role of mommy by adopting son Jackson.
We know that Charlize can transcend the barriers of any sort of "type-casting", that she has triumphed both the fashion and film industry, and that at this moment she must feel on top of the world. With all of the things we do know about her, here are 10 Things You Probably Didn't Know About Charlize Theron:
1. Charlize began modeling at the age of 14.
2. She successfully quit smoking cigarettes by undergoing hypnosis.
3. Charlize was a prime ballet dancer, but was forced to end that career after a knee injury.
4. Theron was originally considered for the role of Satine in Moulin Rouge!, but ultimately lost out to Nicole Kidman.
5. When Charlize was 15, her mother shot and killed her father, Charlie, in self defense.
6. Born and raised in South Africa, Theron learned to speak English by watching American TV programs.
7. She suffers from OCD and must check every closet, locker, and drawer on the premesis of wherever she stays when away from home.
8. She was discovered by her manager while in a bank West Hollywood yelling at a teller who would not cash her check.
9. Charlize always speaks Africaans when talking to her mother, Gerda, who lives 2 minutes away from her own home in Los Angeles.
10. She beat out contenders Angelina Jolie and Winona Ryder for the role of Queen Ravenna in Snow White and the Huntsman, which hits theaters June 1st.
Attending the Nylon party in Hollywood, Twilight Saga actress Nikki Reed showed up on the red carpet in a Bohemian-esque dusted pink dress paired with bronze sandals, wavy locks, and nude nails.
I honestly love it. Love it!
But I want to know what you think. Is it Hot or Not?
She has gone from the cute kid next door to teen beauty queen.
Without a doubt she is already climing the ranks of the fashion elite.
While her latest film, Dark Shadows, is heavily trending amongst Tim Burton and Johnny Depp fans alike, let's take a look at what is tending with Chloë Moretz's style, shall we?
Pretty in Patterns
The 'Grace'ful Up 'Do
Light Pink Lips
Hard Strapped Heels
What do you think about Chloë's signature styles?
Actress Megan Fox was scheduled to do an interview with Entertainment Tonight and all went well as the star began the session... until someone tried to Hound this Fox.
Correspondent Steve Jones slipped in a quip about a baby (which, as a stipulation of the terms of the interview - no questions were to be asked about Fox's pregnancy).
Check out the footage:
You can hear Megan's publicist in the background asking that the interview be stopped.
Though Fox replied "I know where you're going with this" and then prompted Jones by asking "What do you want to know?" her rep apparently answered "No" all around as she brought the interview to a screeching halt.
Do you think Megan's rep was being too harsh?
It has been a pretty big year for actress Kristen Stewart so far. She has wrapped up filming for The Twilight Saga and set that in her past, went public with her on-screen leading man Robert Pattinson, and now has most of us on the edge of our seats with the upcoming release of Snow White and the Huntsman. Not to mention she's been keeping things fashionable along the way.
So fashionable that Glamour UK dubbed her The Best Dressed Woman of 2012! How about that for an honor? Glamour stated the following about their #1 choice this year:
"Whether she’s working bodycon Monique Lhuillier on the red carpet, or dressing down in jeans and a T-shirt, Kristen is always effortlessly on-trend. Her evolution from awkward teen to style queen has made the Twilight star a fashion icon every girl can relate to."
How true. Stewart's off screen laid back style is epic with her tomboy twists and SoCal spins. Much like the woman she portrayed in 2010's The Runaways, Joan Jett, Kristen is making her own waves with her effortless rocker and boy-ish style.
Kristin in fact has become a fashion icon, and perhaps not in the exact way as others see Lady Gaga, but she has earned her title all the same.
She doesn't do strange. She doesn't do art. She doesn't do cute. She does Kristen.
And when she steps out for a public event, boy does she shine.
Stewart beat out Emma Watson and Victoria Beckham for the top honor.
To see who else made the list, head to Glamour UK's Best Dressed Women of 2012 gallery!
What are your thoughts on the pick?
Do you agree or disagree?